24 September 2018
- WEBSITE: http://www.395squadron.ca
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/395Squadron
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/395AirCadets
- TEXT MESSAGE REMINDERS: Send “@395ca” to (204) 809-8799 to subscribe
THE SCHEDULE FOR ALL ACTIVITIES IS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR ON THE SQUADRON WEBSITE. PLEASE CLICK ON EVENTS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THE EVENT OR TRAINING ACTIVITY.
We are now accepting new recruits for the 2018-2019 Training Year.
Learn more how to join.
- A summary of Optional Training this week is below. Full details are in the Google Calendar.
- Band: Mondays from 6:30-9:30 at the Aviation Museum
- Ground School: Mondays from 6-9pm at HMCS Nonsuch
- Biathlon practice : Thursdays from 6:30-8pm at the KINSMEN Field House (Meet in front of the main doors).
- Our next gliding date is scheduled for 29 Sep 18. This will be for the new cadets and they can sign up tonight. There is a limit to 25 cadets for this day.2. Gliding – 29 Sep 18
Location: Meet at HMCS NONSUCH for bus to Josephburg Airport.
- Drop off at HMCS NONSUCH at 745 AM
- Pick up at HMCS NONSUCH at 4:30PM.
Dress: Warm civilian clothes. Dress for the weather. Cadets will be outside most of the day and this event will happen rain/snow or shine. Make sure to bring and wear a sun protective hat. You may want to bring an umbrella to protect from the wind and a lawn chair.
Rations: Lunch is provided, but bring a water bottle.
- Sign up sheets on table at the front
- Cadets that sign-up must have complete enrollment paperwork with the office
- Only 25 spots available.
Announcements for Cadets
- October 5-7 is the Fall Field Training Exercise, this is a mandatory training weekend for all cadets to attend. The kit list and permission form is located at the front with the sign up sheet and dietary restriction sheet. You need to sign up and you need to hand in the permission form NLT Tuesday October 2, 2018.
- Annual Validation Forms and Detailed Health Questionnaire: It’s that time of year again: please fill out your annual validation forms and detailed health questionnaires. The papers will be at the front of the parade square so get your parent, come up to the desk, and fill it out! If these forms are not filled out, you will not be able to attend cadet activities so it is important you update them! These forms are only for returning cadets only.
- Reminder to all cadets and parents attending any optional or mandatory training – Please remember that volunteers run these events and should not be waiting for up to an hour after the activity is completed for parent pick ups. If an activity ends at a specific time the volunteers have to wait until all cadets leave before they can leave. Please be on time for drop off and pick up for all activities. Check the google calendar if there is any confusion about timings.
- SERGEANT AND FLIGHT SERGEANT EXAMS
- Will be held next week (2 Oct 18) at 1800Hrs
- If you are a FCpl or Sgt and want to be promoted, you need to take this exam.
From the 395 Squadron Parents’ Association
- Please remember the Parents’ Association meeting the second Tuesday of every month. The next one is 9 Oct 18.
- The next upcoming BINGO days are coming up. The dates are:
Sunday October 21
Sunday November 18
Sunday December 23
Please contact Bingo Chair Michelle Hollik (587)-983-9394 or sign up on Tuesday night.
- The parents will be distributing cash calendars tonight. Please be patient as these are being handed out to the cadetsstill have calendars to sell. If you haven’t picked yours up, please see the parents. If you have sold yours, come and get more!.
- Fertilizer is on sale for $25 per bag at the Parents Committee Window. The window is just at the front door of the squadron!
- The Field Training Exercise is October 5-7. Any parent who has their screening from the Air Cadet League are asked to volunteer for the weekend!
From the 395 Alumni Association
- The 395 Alumni Association is putting on an all ages Hypnotist Show Fundraiser at the Kingsway Legion on September 29. Please see the attached poster for information.
Please remember to check the website regularly for updates