Photos from the Griffon Coin parade can be found on the following link to our FaceBook page.
3 April 2018
- TEXT MESSAGE REMINDERS: Send “@395ca” to 204-809-8799 to subscribe
THE SCHEDULE FOR ALL ACTIVITIES IS IN THEGOOGLE CALENDARON THE SQUADRON WEBSITE. PLEASE CLICK ON EVENTS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THE EVENT OR TRAINING ACTIVITY.
We are still accepting new recruits for the 2017-2018 Training Year.
Learn morehow to join.
If you are going to be absent for any cadet activity, please ensure that you either phone 780-454-5434 (Please speak clearly) or email the squadron at email@example.com.
A summary of upcoming training this week is below. Full details are in theGoogle Calendar.
- Sat 7 April – Optional Training.
- Sun 8 April – Power Familiarization Flying
- Mon 9 April 6pm – 8pm: Band
- Sat 21 April – Drill Comp
Announcements for Cadets
- All cadets who are part of Duke of Ed, bring your Duke of Ed books next week if you want to have it checked over by CI Tam or have any questions about your progress with your award.
- Drill team meeting in Classroom 4 after parade.
- All level 5 and Duke of Ed cadets meet Lt Robinson under the map.
- Next week is photo week!If you want individual photos, pick up an order form this week and bring in money next week to pay for them. Your photo won’t be taken unless you bring in your form with the money NEXT WEEK. There will also be a squadron photo so ALL cadets must be in full uniform (tunic with medals).
- Application forms for the Michael & Lydia Zukiwski award are available from the office.This is one of the annual awards presented each year at the Annual Ceremonial Review that recognizes volunteer work. If you volunteer in your community, please consider applying. Applications are due the first Tuesday in May.
From the 395 Squadron Parents’ Association
- Full Parents meeting next week. All parents and guardians are encouraged to attend.
- Our next casino is April 11th and April 12th. We need more volunteers, cadets 18 and over may volunteer. Please see the Parents Committee for details.
- Next bingo is Sunday, May 6. We still need 8 volunteers. Sign-up a the parent booth.
Please remember to check the websiteregularly for updates
We desperately require parents to volunteer on Tuesday evenings to operate the “Canteen” for your Cadets. During their break, Cadets have the opportunity to purchase snacks and drinks but we require parent volunteers to operate this service every Tuesday evening. Please contact Michelle Hollik at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
BINGO – Also, please don’t forget to sign up as a volunteer for upcoming Bingo as these provide essential funds for our Squadron. Remember, if you work 4 bingo’s in one year you will receive your ACR Ticket at no charge [approximately a $40 value]! You can see what dates require more volunteers every Tuesday evening when you drop off and pick up your Cadet, or e-mail Michelle Hollik at email@example.com