- WEBSITE: http://www.395squadron.ca
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/395Squadron
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/395AirCadets
- TEXT MESSAGE REMINDERS: Send “@395ca” to (204) 809-8799 to subscribe
THE SCHEDULE FOR ALL ACTIVITIES IS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR ON THE SQUADRON WEBSITE. PLEASE CLICK ON EVENTS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THE EVENT OR TRAINING ACTIVITY.
We are now accepting new recruits for the 2017-2018 Training Year.
Learn more how to join.
- A summary of Optional Training this week is below. Full details are in the Google Calendar.
- 25 September 2017 – Band Practice
- Fall Field Training Exercise (FTX)
Date: 22-24 September 2017
Location: Drop off (Friday) and pick-up (Sunday) at Jefferson Armoury
Times: Drop off: 18:00hrs Pick-up: 16:00hrs
Dress: Weather appropriate attire
Other: Kit List and Sign-up sheet at the front following parade
Announcements for Cadets
- Annual Validations still need to be brought in. If you still have not picked yours up, please ensure you do so before the end of tonight. October 30th, 2017 is the final cut-off for these; if they are not brought in by that date, you cannot continue to parade with the squadron until you provide the information.
- Level 5 meeting in the conference room with Lt Robinson following dismissal.
- A call for applications to a Prime Minister Youth Council for youth aged 16-24 yrs. The council will advise the PM on employment, access to education, building communities, climate change, and clean growth. Application deadline is October 1st, 2017. More information will be made available on the Sqn website.
- Any cadets interested in biathlon, see Major Duncan following dismissal.
From the 395 Squadron Parents’ Association
- The parents association is still in need of two volunteers for the Casino on October 18th, 2017. Chip runner and cashier are the two positions. Please see the parents association for more information.
- The fertilizer fundraiser is still on-going. 15kg of fertilizer for $25.00. It is recommended to fertilize in the fall before it gets too cold. Please see the parents association for more information.
- The next bingo night is October 29th, 2017. They are in need of 4 cadets 14 years or older, and 12 adult volunteers. Please see the parents association for more information.
From Major Duncan:
- Fall FTX 22-24 September, 2017. This is a mandatory training event. I look forward to seeing you all there.
Please remember to check the website regularly for updates
If you are in need of a kit list for this coming FTX please see the attached document. Be sure to pack everything you will need as weather could change. kit list
We desperately require parents to volunteer on Tuesday evenings to operate the “Canteen” for your Cadets. During their break, Cadets have the opportunity to purchase snacks and drinks but we require parent volunteers to operate this service every Tuesday evening. Please contact Michelle Hollik at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
BINGO – Also, please don’t forget to sign up as a volunteer for upcoming Bingo as these provide essential funds for our Squadron. Remember, if you work 4 bingo’s in one year you will receive your ACR Ticket at no charge [approximately a $40 value]! You can see what dates require more volunteers every Tuesday evening when you drop off and pick up your Cadet, or e-mail Michelle Hollik at email@example.com