1. WEBSITE: http://www.395squadron.ca
2. FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/395Squadron
3. TWITTER: https://twitter.com/395AirCadets
4. TEXT MESSAGE REMINDERS: Send “@395ca” to (204) 809-8799 to subscribe
THE SCHEDULE FOR ALL ACTIVITIES IS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR ON THE SQUADRON WEBSITE. PLEASE CLICK ON EVENTS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THE EVENT OR TRAINING ACTIVITY.
We are now accepting new recruits for the 2016-2017 Training Year. Learn more how to join. Upcoming Activities 1. A summary of Optional Training this week is below. Details are in the Google Calendar at www.395squadron.ca.
● Saturday, January 21 – Effective Speaking, Karate, Basketball, Volleyball and Drill (Location is the Central Lions Recreation Centre: 11113 – 113 Street NW)
● Sunday, January 22 – Power Familiarization Flying
● Monday, January 23 – Band Announcements for Cadets
1. Level Summer Camp Applications can be handed in to the office any time are are due on TONIGHT. You can pick up more information about summer camps at the office or by clicking on the links below:
● Summer Camp Presentation
● List of Summer Training Courses
● Summer Camp Application Form
3. The announcements are emailed out each week to all email addresses that we have on file. If you are not getting them, please see the office and make sure we have the correct email. If you are getting them but cannot open the attachment for some reason, 1 395 Edmonton “Griffon” Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron you can always find the announcements on the squadron website at www.395squadron.ca shortly after they are sent out.
4. All cadets interested in trying out for the Marksmanship Team see Capt Bryan after parade by the map.
5. There will be an info session for all interested level 5 cadets next Tuesday during second period and during break for those instructing during that period. This will cover an important component of your level 5 training.
6. If you are going to miss a mandatory training activity (Tuesdays and identified weekend dates), you must excuse yourself. Leave a message at 780-454-5434 or email email@example.com.
7. Anyone who needs a name tag see Captain Wise in supply after dismissal
8. All level 1 cadets not signed up for summer camp meet with their parents under map after dismissal
9. Anyone who wants to register in Duke of Ed program 2lt needs names and $30 tonight, anyone who lost their book can receive a new one for $10 from 2lt Robinson
From the 395 Squadron Parents’ Association
1. 6 volunteers Bingo on Jan 22 (sunday) May be cadets Contact Michelle Hollik @ firstname.lastname@example.org
From Major Duncan:
1. 105 Cadets on parade tonight.
2. Well done to all who participated in the Air Skills Competition.
3. Please ensure all cadets wait for your rides after cadets in the NONSUCH parking lot. Do not wander into the hotel parking lot. We cannot see you there. Please remember to check the website regularly for updates
We desperately require parents to volunteer on Tuesday evenings to operate the “Canteen” for your Cadets. During their break, Cadets have the opportunity to purchase snacks and drinks but we require parent volunteers to operate this service every Tuesday evening. Please contact Michelle Hollik at email@example.com for details.
BINGO – Also, please don’t forget to sign up as a volunteer for upcoming Bingo as these provide essential funds for our Squadron. Remember, if you work 4 bingo’s in one year you will receive your ACR Ticket at no charge [approximately a $40 value]! You can see what dates require more volunteers every Tuesday evening when you drop off and pick up your Cadet, or e-mail Michelle Hollik at firstname.lastname@example.org