14 FEBRUARY 2017
- WEBSITE: http://www.395squadron.ca
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/395Squadron
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/395AirCadets
- TEXT MESSAGE REMINDERS: Send “@395ca” to (204) 809-8799 to subscribe
THE SCHEDULE FOR ALL ACTIVITIES IS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR ON THE SQUADRON WEBSITE. PLEASE CLICK ON EVENTS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THE EVENT OR TRAINING ACTIVITY.
We are now accepting new recruits for the 2016-2017 Training Year.
Learn more how to join.
- A summary of Optional Training this week is below. Details are in the Google Calendar at www.395squadron.ca.
- Sunday, February 19 – Power Familiarization Flying (read full list of names and confirm)
- Monday, February 20 – Band, Marksmanship
- No Saturday training activities this weekend.
- Long term (keep these dates free):
- Mandatory Sports Day – Sunday, March 19 at the Edmonton Garrison
- Mandatory Spring Bush Camp – April 7 to 9 (all weekend)
Announcements for Cadets
- All scholarship applicants, meet in the Conference Room after parade for a meeting about the REAL scholarship boards this Saturday. Bus for scholarship boards departs NONSUCH at 0715hrs on Saturday Feb 18. Arrival back at NONSUCH at approx 1830hrs. Do not miss the bus, timings are critical. Wear civilian clothes and make sure you have all uniform parts.
- The announcements are emailed out each week to all email addresses that we have on file. If you are not getting them, please see the office and make sure we have the correct email. If you are getting them but cannot open the attachment for some reason, you can always find the announcements on the squadron website at 395squadron.ca shortly after they are sent out.
- If you are going to miss a mandatory training activity (Tuesdays and identified weekend dates), you must excuse yourself. Leave a message at 780-454-5434 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. BE SURE WHEN CALLING TO LEAVE THE DATE OF YOUR ABSENCE.
From the Parents’ Association
- Need 6 more parents or cadets for BINGO on the 26th sunday please contact email@example.com
- 3 parent volunteers for effective speaking on the 25th. please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
From Major Duncan:
- 99 Cadets on parade tonight.
- Thank you to all the Alumni, friends of the Squadron and former COs who are helping
prepare our scholarship cadets by participating in the Mock Selection Boards.
- Promotions to LAC for Level 1 cadets will continue in February so keep your attendance
up and make sure your uniform is good.
- Congratulations to WOI on her graduation from the cadet program. Congratulations
also to WOI Dunahee on her promotion.
- Congratulations to those selected to the 3 Squadron Range teams. Competition is on
Saturday 25 Feb at Jefferson Armory. Details to follow for the competition. Teams
members are listed on the google calendar. Please makes sure all team members are
at the range practice on Monday Feb 20.
Please remember to check the website regularly for updates
We desperately require parents to volunteer on Tuesday evenings to operate the “Canteen” for your Cadets. During their break, Cadets have the opportunity to purchase snacks and drinks but we require parent volunteers to operate this service every Tuesday evening. Please contact Michelle Hollik at email@example.com for details.
BINGO – Also, please don’t forget to sign up as a volunteer for upcoming Bingo as these provide essential funds for our Squadron. Remember, if you work 4 bingo’s in one year you will receive your ACR Ticket at no charge [approximately a $40 value]! You can see what dates require more volunteers every Tuesday evening when you drop off and pick up your Cadet, or e-mail Michelle Hollik at firstname.lastname@example.org