14 November 2017
- WEBSITE: http://www.395squadron.ca
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/395Squadron
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/395AirCadets
- TEXT MESSAGE REMINDERS: Send “@395ca” to (204) 809-8799 to subscribe
THE SCHEDULE FOR ALL ACTIVITIES IS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR ON THE SQUADRON WEBSITE. PLEASE CLICK ON EVENTS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THE EVENT OR TRAINING ACTIVITY.
We are now accepting new recruits for the 2017-2018 Training Year.
Learn more how to join.
A summary of upcoming training this week is below. Full details are in the Google Calendar.
- Saturday, 18 Nov 17 – Karate, Drill, Basketball, Volleyball, and Effective Speaking
- Sunday, 19 Nov 17 – Power Familiarization Flying
- Monday, 20 Nov 17 – Ground School and Band
Announcements for Cadets
- Sergeants wanting to be promoted to Flight Sergeant will undergo evaluations over the course of November with the intent to promote new Flight Sergeants the first week in December. If you are interested, please note the following dates for evaluations:
- 21 – Drill Evaluation (including drill commands)
- 28 – Written exam (Study level 4 material, especially leadership)
- Anyone interested in optional training activities please sign up on the tables at the front – returning cadets and new cadets please sign up.
- If you are going to be absent for any cadet activity, please ensure that you either phone (780-454-5434) or email the squadron at email@example.com.
- It’s that time of year to start the scholarship process. Signups and cadet requirements are on the table. If you are interested in, please sign up as it is a lengthy process. Summer Camp applications will be coming out in the next couple of weeks.
- Any cadet that requires a nametag, please see Captain Pilkington in Admin as soon as possible. This doesn’t apply to the new cadets as we will order name tags in advance of their uniform issue.
- There will be no Effective Speaking classes on Monday nights until after the New Year, those interested in Effective Speaking program are welcome to join us on Saturday afternoon (see google calendar for details).
From the 395 Squadron Parents’ Association
- Spirit wear orders are now being taken. Please see the parents booth to order. Order form is on the website.
- Cadets who lose their rosettes and bars for their Air Cadet Long Service Medal can now purchase replacements from the parents committee.
From the Commanding Officer
- For everyone picking up cadets at the end of the night. Please do not stop on the road in front of the building. The congestion is worst now that we have snow on the ground and it makes it difficult to see cadets and families crossing.
- For all new cadets without uniforms. Please continue to be patient. We are are working with our supplier to get them in as soon as possible.
- We are all now in winter dress. This means to wear your tunic and tie every Tuesday night.
- Well done to everyone who attended a Remembrance Day Service. Especially well
done to Sgt Hollik who carried our Squadron Banner and the vigil cadets; WO2 Iturra,
FSgt Rufin, Sgt Dib and Sgt Landry.
Please remember to check the website regularly for updates
We desperately require parents to volunteer on Tuesday evenings to operate the “Canteen” for your Cadets. During their break, Cadets have the opportunity to purchase snacks and drinks but we require parent volunteers to operate this service every Tuesday evening. Please contact Michelle Hollik at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
BINGO – Also, please don’t forget to sign up as a volunteer for upcoming Bingo as these provide essential funds for our Squadron. Remember, if you work 4 bingo’s in one year you will receive your ACR Ticket at no charge [approximately a $40 value]! You can see what dates require more volunteers every Tuesday evening when you drop off and pick up your Cadet, or e-mail Michelle Hollik at email@example.com