20 February 2018
- WEBSITE: http://www.395squadron.ca
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/395Squadron
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/395AirCadets
- TEXT MESSAGE REMINDERS: Send “@395ca” to 204-809-8799 to subscribe
THE SCHEDULE FOR ALL ACTIVITIES IS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR ON THE SQUADRON WEBSITE. PLEASE CLICK ON EVENTS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THE EVENT OR TRAINING ACTIVITY.
We are still accepting new recruits for the 2017-2018 Training Year.
Learn more how to join.
If you are going to be absent for any cadet activity, please ensure that you either phone 780-454-5434 (Please speak clearly) or email the squadron at email@example.com.
A summary of upcoming training this week is below. Full details are in the Google Calendar.
- Saturday Feb. 17 – Karate, Drill, Basketball, Volleyball, and Effective Speaking Competition
- Sunday, Feb. 18 – Power Familiarization Flying (STILL A FEW SPOTS LEFT. SEE F\SGT TOLCHARD IF YOU ARE INTERESTED)
- Monday Feb. 26 – Band from 17:50 – 20:00. Band will be starting earlier than usual (show up at 17:50 to be ready to start at 18:00).
Announcements for Cadets
- This Saturday is the Effective Speaking Competition it starts at 10:00 am at Ross Sheppard High School.
- Power Familiarization Flying will be happening on a weekly basis on Sundays from now on. This is an opportunity to go flying in a Cessna 172. There are 12 spots available. See FSgt Tolchard each week to sign up. If you are in the front seat, you might even be able to fly the plane! There are spots for 12 cadets per Sunday. Please see the Google Calendar for more details. If you signed up, be sure you show up! These spots are expensive and we want to make sure they are used up. If you signed up but can’t go, tell us as far ahead of time as possible so we can get a replacement cadets. More information is in the Information Sheet that was handed to cadets and also available in the Google Calendar
- All cadets that have been selected for the Ottawa Trip MUST attend a MANDATORY meeting on Monday March 12th at 1900Hrs for a pre trip briefing. Items you must bring with you are :
- One Piece of Government Issued Photo ID (Passport, Drivers Licence)
- Original Alberta Health Care Card
- A parent
If you do not have GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO IDENTIFICATION (School ID is not acceptable), it would be best to look into that now!
From the 395 Squadron Parents’ Association
- Our next bingo is February
- Our next casino is April 11th and April 12th. We need more volunteers, cadets 18 and over may volunteer. Please see the Parents Committee for details.
- Ice Melt fundraiser has begun. $20 for large pail of ice melt. See the Parents Committee.
Please remember to check the website regularly for updates
We desperately require parents to volunteer on Tuesday evenings to operate the “Canteen” for your Cadets. During their break, Cadets have the opportunity to purchase snacks and drinks but we require parent volunteers to operate this service every Tuesday evening. Please contact Michelle Hollik at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
BINGO – Also, please don’t forget to sign up as a volunteer for upcoming Bingo as these provide essential funds for our Squadron. Remember, if you work 4 bingo’s in one year you will receive your ACR Ticket at no charge [approximately a $40 value]! You can see what dates require more volunteers every Tuesday evening when you drop off and pick up your Cadet, or e-mail Michelle Hollik at email@example.com