6 DECEMBER 2016
- WEBSITE: http://www.395squadron.ca
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/395Squadron
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/395AirCadets
- TEXT MESSAGE REMINDERS: Send “@395ca” to (204) 809-8799 to subscribe
THE SCHEDULE FOR ALL ACTIVITIES IS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR ON THE SQUADRON WEBSITE. PLEASE CLICK ON EVENTS IN THE GOOGLE CALENDAR FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THE EVENT OR TRAINING ACTIVITY.
We are now accepting new recruits for the 2016-2017 Training Year.
Learn more how to join.
- Aviation Training Day
Date: Saturday, 10 Dec 2016
Location: Alberta Aviation Museum
- Drop off at 9AM
- Pick up at 4PM
Dress: Appropriate civilian attire
Rations: Lunch provided
- Mandatory Training Day for ALL cadets.
- Be sure to bring something to write with and something to write on.
- If you are taking ground school training, go to ground school, not this event. You will not be marked absent.
- A summary of Optional Training this week is below.
- Saturday 10 Dec 16 – Ground School (HMCS NONSUCH)
- Sunday 11 Dec 16 – Power Familiarization Flying
- Monday 12 Dec 16 – Band, Ground School
- Monday 12 Dec 16 – Effective Speaking, all cadets welcome even if you have not attended before.
- We are having a dance this Saturday December 10, 2016 here at HMCS NONSUCH from 1900-2200 hrs. It is tri-service and you are allowed one guest each. Spread the word to your cadet friends at other units. There is a sign-up sheet at the front for everyone interested in going. It is $10 per person that can be paid at the door when you arrive, this will go to the YESS (youth empowerment and support services).
Announcements for Cadets
- Scholarship Applicants – your report cards and narratives are due next week (13 Dec 16).
- The following cadets need to see Capt. McLellan next week:
- LAC Araya
- Cpl Schubert
- Summer Camp Applications can be handed in to the office any time are are due on Tuesday, January 17, 2017. Information was mailed out this past week. If you did not receive it, see the office.
- The announcements are emailed out each week to all email addresses that we have on file. If you are not getting them, please see the office and make sure we have the correct email. If you are getting them but cannot open the attachment for some reason, you can always find the announcements on the squadron website at 395squadron.ca shortly after they are sent out.
- If you are going to miss a mandatory training activity (Tuesdays and identified weekend dates), you must excuse yourself. Leave a message at 780-454-5434 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anyone wanting to participate in the Duke of Ed program needs to register with 2Lt Robinson with the $30 registration fee. Tonight is the last night to sign up! If you are missing your book or have not received one see 2Lt Robinson after dismissal. For more information about this program, visit this website.
From the 395 Squadron Parents’ Association
- Bingo Dec 10th need 4 parents. Please email email@example.com
- Spiritwear Orders are in. Please be sure to pick up your items if you made an order.
- Parents Meeting Next week at 7PM. All parents and guardians of all cadets should attend, especially if you have never been to one before.
From Major Duncan:
- 114 Cadets on parade tonight. Well done!
- Parents, with over 120 people coming and going from NONSUCH each night, please be sure to take your time in the parking lot and be courteous. It will get congested but everyone is trying to come and go as safe as possible. Please do not stop in the actual road but only pick-up and drop-off in the parking lot. This all becomes especially important as more snow accumulates.
- Congratulations to WOII Di Blasi and WOII Wachowich on receiving their Power Pilot Wings this summer. They were presented with certificates.
- Congratulations to the following cadets on their promotions!
- Cpl: Lako, Zhang, Gutierrez-Dela Cruz and Ramsden-Wutke
- FCpl: Shetty, Haag, Anderson, Romano, Uzelman, Sanders, Galido, G,
- Sgt: Santiago
- Congratulations to FSgt. Reid and FSgt. Hollik on being presented their Air Cadet Service Medal from the Air Cadet League for 4 years of cadet service.
- Congratulations to WOII Dunahee on receiving her second bar on her Air Cadet Long Service Medal for 6 years of cadet service.
- Congratulations to the following cadets for receiving the Chief’s “Shout out!” for their more subtle but meaningful contributions to the squadron:
- Sgt Denesik
- Sgt Majorsmith
- FCpl Holmes
- FCpl Landry
- Cpl Ransden
Please remember to check the website regularly for updates
We desperately require parents to volunteer on Tuesday evenings to operate the “Canteen” for your Cadets. During their break, Cadets have the opportunity to purchase snacks and drinks but we require parent volunteers to operate this service every Tuesday evening. Please contact Michelle Hollik at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
BINGO – Also, please don’t forget to sign up as a volunteer for upcoming Bingo as these provide essential funds for our Squadron. Remember, if you work 4 bingo’s in one year you will receive your ACR Ticket at no charge [approximately a $40 value]! You can see what dates require more volunteers every Tuesday evening when you drop off and pick up your Cadet, or e-mail Michelle Hollik at email@example.com